Find vacation rentals in Europe - apartments, cottages or houses that you rent by the week. There is a great selection of vacation rentals in Europe - stay in a holiday cottage in England, a villa in Italy, an apartment in Paris. Staying in a week in a vacation rental lets you slow down and experience the local life. This is a great way to see Europe.
Our lists of recommended vacation rental agencies, rent-by-owner directories and other resources help you navigate the complex world of European vacation (villa) rentals. We show you how to search, what questions to ask, where to get more input, what to expect when booking, and more. We collect your vacation rental reviews.
New to vacation rentals in Europe? Read our Vacation Rentals Guide to learn how to use this great alternative accommodations when traveling in Europe.
Slow (an attitude) - Take the time to fully experience a place. Spend a week. Stay in a vacation rental. Slow down and settle in.
Europe (a destination) - The perfect place to be slow. You are surrounded by history, culture, nature and great cafés.
News: Slow Travel, A different travel experience on the Eco Guide (April 2013).
Vacation Rentals Guide. What to expect from vacation rentals in Europe.
Find Vacation Rentals. Recommended agencies and resources listed by country and region for Europe.
> List of 30 recent reviews. Reviews are also shown on the vacation rental pages.
Plan Your Trip. Renting a car in Europe, cell phones, suggested books and maps, traveling with your Kindle.
- Plan Your Trip to Europe: The basics to get you started on planning your trip to Europe.
- Home Exchange - Stay in Europe for Free!: What to expect when doing a home exchange.
Travel Guides. Learn about European destinations from the people who live and work there.
- Alpine Adventures: Kathy Wood writes about her favorite mountain areas in the Bavarian Alps and the Salzkammergut.
- A Week in Florence: Ann Reavis gives us the basics for spending a week in Florence.
Travel Photos. Photos of the places that we love in Europe.
- Photos of Avebury Stone Circle, England, a large stone circle (henge) on the edge of the Salisbury Plain, in Wiltshire, west of London.
- Photos of Fontenay Abbey, Burgundy, France, a former Cistercian monastery, founded in 1118 and built in the Romanesque style.
- Photos of Paestum Greek Temples: Capaccio-Paestum, Salerno, Campania, Italy
Travel Company Profiles. We pick our favorite travel businesses and give you an in-depth look at them.
Slow Europe is not a vacation rental agency or a directory site where owners pay to be listed. Slow Europe is a resource created by travelers and for travelers run by Pauline Kenny and Steve Cohen who have been traveling the slow way in Europe for over 20 years.