• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Alsace - Motorcycle Rental

WannaTravel

10+ Posts
We will be staying six weeks in the Alsace in an apartment and will have a car. Last time when we were there and visiting the Black Forest I saw motorcycles enjoying the winding backroads. I have put it on my bucket list. Crating up my bike for a short stay is too much work and expense so am hoping to find rentals either in Strasbourg or Colmar.

So before I start doing searches I was wondering if anyone has any experience in renting a motorcycle in the Alsace.

My current ride. I tried to select "thumbnail" so don't blame me if the picture is large. :)

10274331_10203260848874726_6286765928648221310_n.jpg

We like large photos. I usually go in and change posts to show the large image instead of the thumb. But I'll leave yours as is since you chose the thumbnail (click it to see the larger photo).

Ok Pauline. As long as the large photo(s) don't use too many resources. Also see you are an IT designer. Have to say this web site design is one of the very best I have used and seen.

I can't help with motorcycle rental, but it sounds like a fun idea. However, I've spent a lot of time in Alsace (around Kaysersberg and also in Colmar this past December) the last several years and might be able to help with other questions about the area. We'll be back for almost a month this summer and really love it there. When are you there?

Thanks Kathy,
We arrive September 6th for six weeks. No questions at the moment.

Heard the motorcycle rentals, if available, are in pretty sad shape so am giving up on the idea for now. We will have plenty to occupy our time I am sure.

Nancy is on my list as well as Heidelberg. And our plan is to just slowly poke around and get ideas as we go.

Ok Pauline. As long as the large photo(s) don't use too many resources. Also see you are an IT designer. Have to say this web site design is one of the very best I have used and seen.

We've got tons of storage and I encourage people to post photos.

The forums software is Xenforo, started by developers from vBulletin who wanted to build a better product. I like the software a lot and they have great customer support. And they have a new release coming soon that looks even better - a cleaner design.

The main website is handmade by me and my husband Steve.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina