• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Bus from Centrale FS to Malpensa

David

10+ Posts
Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if anyone's ever mentioned this, but I thought it be worthwhile posting because I found it useful. I had an early flight out of Malpensa yesterday (yah, Pauline - I was in Europe for the last few weeks, running around seeing opera productions - I'm on sabbatical this semester - and ended up in Milan). I didn't have a rental car and sleeping in one of the hotels right next to the airport didn't work since I was going to an opera performance the night before.

I had booked a hotel room right next to the Centrale FS station thinking that I'd take the Malpensa Express train early in the morning - this, without looking at the schedule. My flight left at 7:15am so I wanted to be there by about 5:30 or 5:45am. When I looked, I saw that the earliest departure was at 5:25, getting me to the airport at 6:15am - too late. The only other option I could come up with would be to take a taxi. But they now have a set price of 110 Euros for a taxi from Milan to Malpensa - yikes!

So I asked my friend Pietro who happens to live in Milan and he told me that there are a few bus companies that run buses. I hadn't seen any mention of buses when I searched the internet (of course now I do - duh), but, there they were. I booked one called Terravision for 10 Euros that left at 4:30am and it worked out perfectly.

So, for anyone who finds themselves in a similar situation - the bus is a perfect solution.

BTW, if you're in Milan and want to have a GREAT meal experience, try the Trattoria Arlati. It's in a neighborhood of the center - you have to take the Metro and then walk for about 7 minutes. But well worth it. Really authentic Lombardian food in an amazing atmosphere of collectables.

David

Yes, they do run other airport shuttle services as well e.g. in Torino as a rival to the longstanding provider, with slightly different city stops.

The advantage of the shuttle services, is indeed the 'all hours the airport is open' service

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina