Europe Travel Websites & Communities
There is a wealth of information about living and traveling in Europe to be found on travel websites and forums. These are our favorites. Our favorite travel blogs also have good travel information. (I am still working on this list.)
- Dream of Italy: Monthly newsletter about travel to Italy. Free articles available online.
- Slow Travel Italy: Travel information, articles and trip reports.
- Marche Voyager: Travel information for the Le Marche region in Italy.
- 360tuscany.net: Short written guide and a 360° photo view of popular Tuscany destinations (Pisa, Florence, Lucca, Siena, Volterra, San Gimignano and more).
- Explore Seville: Guide to Seville for students, visitors and expats.
- Grazalema Guide: Guide to the Sierra de Grazalema in southern Spain (western Andalusia).
- Lanzarote Guidebook: Guide to the island of Lanzarote in the Canary Islands.
- Madrid Man: Guide to Madrid, forums.
- Puerto Pollensa: Guide to the town of Puerto Pollensa on the island of Majorca.
- Sevilla Tapas: Guide to tapas restaurants in Seville.
- Cotswolder: Travel guide for the Cotswolds, England (Pauline Kenny).
- GoNomad Europe: Articles about worldwide travel.
- Slow Travel: Travel community with vacation rental reviews, trip reports, articles.
- Where The Hell is Matt?: Joyous videos of Matt dancing around the world.
- Wired2TheWorld: Travel journals from many trips.
- WorldHum: Worldwide travel articles.
Travel Forums & Communities
- Bootsnall Travel Community
- Fodors Travel Talk
- Rough Guides Travel Talk
- Slow Travel Forums
- Trip Advisor Europe Forums
- Azahar's Photos of Spain: Azahar lives in Seville and takes photos of Spain and Portugal.
- Cotswolder Photos: Photos of the Cotswolds in England.
- From NM to Italia: Byran's photos of two worlds. Also see Bryan's Piceno Sights on Picasa.
- Janet Zinn Photography: Great photos from recent trips to Italy and Spain.
- Patrick's Photos of Italy: From a trip to Rome, December 2008.
- Rome Photo Blog: Photography blog aimed at capturing the city of Rome through the eyes of a someone who lives there.
- Slow Europe Photos: Photos of European travel and vacation rentals.