Vacation Rentals Guide
In the last ten years vacation rentals have become popular in North America, but they have been a popular accommodation choice in Europe for decades, even centuries. Vacation rentals in Europe are different from what we find in North America. This section explains those differences so you know what to expect.
- What are Vacation Rentals?: Vacation rentals are furnished and equipped houses or apartments that travelers rent by the week. Read more
- Vacation Houses in Europe: Europeans live differently than we do in North America and the differences are reflected in the vacation rental houses. Read more
- Agency or Rent-by-Owner?: An agency gives you more of a choice, but you might find the best price booking directly with the owner. Read more
- How to Choose: Find the vacation rental that works best for you. What to look for in the vacation rental descriptions. Read more
- Booking Procedures: A 25 - 50% deposit on booking and the rest a month before you arrive is the standard booking procedure for vacation rentals. And you can't always use your credit card to pay. Read more
Here on Slow Europe we have listed agencies and rent-by-owner sites, as well as all the resources you need to make informed decisions and book your vacation rental. We are passionate about this type of travel accommodations and hope you will be too.
Photos of Vacation Rentals in Europe
England Vacation Rentals: Photos of the places we have rented in England in the last ten years (Cotswolds, Wiltshire, Somerset, Devon).
France Vacation Rentals: Photos of the places Marta has rented in France in the recent years.
Italy Vacation Rentals: Photos of the places we have rented in Italy in the last ten years (Tuscany, Umbria, Liguria, Sorrento, Rome).
Switzerland Vacation Rentals: Photos of the places we have rented in Switzerland in the last ten years (Engelberg, Grindelwald, Saannen, Gstaad, Leysin).