• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

A favourite forum

Ian Sutton

1000+ Posts
I've posted on a number of forums over the years, mainly on wine, maybe half that number on travel. I've enjoyed the sense of camaraderie, and of helping people when they need help, of enjoying reading what excites them or makes them tick, learning from them and letting them inspire new thinking along the way. Healthy open minded discussion is huge joy, though the flip-side is I get very frustrated by trench-warfare debates, where neither side pays any attention to what the other says, barring seeking a snippet to twist and use against them. Not of interest to me - I would have made a rubbish politician.

This forum ticks all the positive boxes for me, perhaps more so than any other forum, past or present.

Thanks to you all, and especially Pauline.

This forum ticks all the positive boxes for me, perhaps more so than any other forum, past or present.

And for me too. Thank you Ian for posting and articulating this so clearly and much better than I could do. There is so much to enjoy on the forum and there is never any back biting, one upmanship or cliquiness which I've encountered on some other forums.

That’s because most of us are SlowTrav people! We learned how to behave on those forums!

I agree, I like the tone here too. We can have different opinions and that makes it interesting!

Yes, it's a lovely, friendly, helpful site.

I belong to a couple of travel related forums, and each have their strengths, but if I want really expert, in depth advice about a particular place, I'll always come here to ask.

Agree completely with Ian. People here understand the value of good communication, and its importance in the creation of a sense of community.
In fact this is one of only two forums that I watch on the web, and the only one I participate in.
Although sometimes I wish there'd be an indocile contrarian to stir things up every once in a while - even if he'd only be sojourning briefly on the forums... ;)

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina