• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

A Week in Cornwall in October

Pauline

Forums Admin
I don't really have any questions yet, but I just wanted to brag about this. I booked a vacation rental in Marazion on the coast in West Cornwall for the first week of October to coordinate with @Kathy and Charley who are walking part of the South West Coast Path. We will do some walking days with them.

Many places I looked at were already booked. You have to book early for British holiday rentals!

We've been to Cornwall twice before (three times if you count a few days in 1988), staying on the Lizard and in Carbis Bay one trip and up near Newquay the other trip. I am excited to be returning!

And we are excited to spend some time with you and Steve on this part of the Southwest Coast Path! I was looking forward to our time in Cornwall before, but even more now! (We are walking 100 miles from St. Ives to Falmouth over two weeks, including days off in St. Ives before we start and then in Mousehole.)

Pauline has found a great looking rental!

I will also be in Cornwall in October. The second and third weeks. I'm meeting an old friend who is coming over from the Bahamas to spend a few months there, connecting with her paternal family and wandering around. Will be hunting through forum posts for special place to visit. Recommendations appreciated.

I have a section on the main site where I am trying to write about things to see and do in Europe. Have a look at my Day Trips - Cornwall section.

Cornwall is large - what part will you be in?

If you are a walker/hiker, the South West Coast Path goes around all of Cornwall and is beautiful to walk.

@Toni Hilton email or message me with your dates. Perhaps there is some way we could meet.

Me again. I have already screwed up my login to the site--I really am useless internet-ally. But, perhaps I can connect with you via the FB page...Anyway, Mandy says we will be around St. Ives. One reason for the trip is to bring some of her Dad's ashes back to the family plot. He was a Cornwall boy, brought to Toronto during WWII. I saw on your profile that you and Steve are also from Toronto--and yes, I know it is big--but they are the Bennett family, and I would guess, in more or less the same age bracket. Degrees of seperation. Toni

Me again. I have already screwed up my login to the site--I really am useless internet-ally. But, perhaps I can connect with you via the FB page...Anyway, Mandy says we will be around St. Ives. One reason for the trip is to bring some of her Dad's ashes back to the family plot. He was a Cornwall boy, brought to Toronto during WWII. I saw on your profile that you and Steve are also from Toronto--and yes, I know it is big--but they are the Bennett family, and I would guess, in more or less the same age bracket. Degrees of seperation. Toni

St Ives is a very good location. The town is exciting and you can do interesting day trips.

We are both from Toronto. Steve left as a baby when his family moved to Vancouver. I left as a teenager to go to university in Vancouver. I lived in what is now the eastern edge of Scarborough. The only Bennett family I know is from Pride and Prejudice :)

@Toni Hilton email me or message me on Facebook if you are having problems logging in. It takes a bit of time to get used to forums.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina