• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Advice for eurotrip :)

DannyG

Hello guys, im new to this forum and id like to ask for an advice.
This summer i am planning on bringing my 2 daughters (16)(18) for a little euro trip. Im planning on visiting 2 max 3 countries in a space of 1 week. So id like to know what would be the best way to travel around the countries, Rental car or maybe buses/trains.
My plan was to visit either france,italy and Switzerland OR France luxembourg and belgium as they are close to eachother and wouldnt require alot of time.
Any help would be great
Thankyou

Hi Danny and welcome here.

Sorry I can't help you specifically with your questions, as my travel experience in Europe is very limited. But since no one has answered :
You might want to take note that this is a forum where people usually spend a week in one city or one region of one country - your plan entails a somewhat hectic pace that is a bit contrary to the idea of "Slow Travel", which is what this site tries to encourage.

About driving vs. buses/trains : from my experience, having a car for driving in the countryside opens up a lot more options than being dependent on public transportation, as you can stop when and where ever you like, and might even be cheaper than public transport for three people (you'd have to check that). It's basically a question of how confident you are driving in a foreign country (usually not a problem if you are a capable driver), and how much freedom in the daily planning you want to maintain.
I would certainly recommend not getting a car if you plan on being mostly in cities.

If you are undecided about the itinerary, even to the point of not being sure which countries to visit, why not ask your daughters what would interest them to do in the space of a week, and use that for starts? A concert of someone they like, fashion, bars, topical museums, landmarks that especially interest, seasonal fairs/exhibitions, etc. That might narrow down the geographical span, and save you time checking in and out of accommodations.

Last edited:
Eurotrip is always fun. People usually put all the famous places on the itinerary and rush from one place to another. According to me, you should not try to visit all the places, instead, visit some of the places & enjoy your stay there. Go out meet the locals, do what the local people do. You'll be surprised how many things you would have missed out if you were rushing to places.

Hi Danny and welcome here.

Sorry I can't help you specifically with your questions, as my travel experience in Europe is very limited. But since no one has answered :
You might want to take note that this is a forum where people usually spend a week in one city or one region of one country - your plan entails a somewhat hectic pace that is a bit contrary to the idea of "Slow Travel", which is what this site tries to encourage.

About driving vs. buses/trains : from my experience, having a car for driving in the countryside opens up a lot more options than being dependent on public transportation, as you can stop when and where ever you like, and might even be cheaper than public transport for three people (you'd have to check that). It's basically a question of how confident you are driving in a foreign country (usually not a problem if you are a capable driver), and how much freedom in the daily planning you want to maintain.
I would certainly recommend not getting a car if you plan on being mostly in cities.

If you are undecided about the itinerary, even to the point of not being sure which countries to visit, why not ask your daughters what would interest them to do in the space of a week, and use that for starts? A concert of someone they like, fashion, bars, topical museums, landmarks that especially interest, seasonal fairs/exhibitions, etc. That might narrow down the geographical span, and save you time checking in and out of accommodations.
Hey!, ThankYou for your reply i will keep it in mind.
Were off to LUXEMBOURG!! :))))))

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina