• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Airfare: Edinburgh To FCO

artnbarb

1000+ Posts
Next August we'll need to fly from Edinburgh to Rome FCO. We'll need to fly on a major carrier, one that allows one checked bag and 2 carry-on bags per person, which probably limits us to British Air. A stop in London is expected. I priced BA, EDI-LHR-FCO for August for £266 for both of us - but I have no idea if this is a good price or not! I tend to buy my tickets way too early and then being mad at myself for over-paying! If anyone can tell me how to track this route's rates, I'm all ears!

On Google Flights you can get a price graph of what the fare is for every day. Sometimes the lowest fare is not only on an airline with restrictive baggage policies, but also on a schedule calling for an overnight in London or change of airports. You can ask the graph to exclude certain airlines and keep the total flight time under a certain time.

Fares in August show as higher than mid-winter, and one needs to ask how much it's because August is a heavy travel time, or that it's too early to think of there being sale fares. Since I'm getting Google Flights quotes in U.S. dollars, if I read it right your quote is around $170 per person. For tolerable connections on legacies in mid-winter, I'm generally seeing around $130. Maybe that isn't that big a difference. One reason why I'd be reluctant to book this early is that there could be schedule changes, and an itinerary that looked good when you booked it becomes inconvenient.

I knew there was someplace to track prices, thank you!

As I said, I usually book too early, esp when I find a price/itinerary that suits me, but I think the possibility of schedule changes is the best reason to wait a bit! Thanks again, @Andrew !

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina