• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Airfares - Travel Press reporting good deals

Colo

500+ Posts
Contest 2019 Winner!
The other day I saw on a morning show that airfare from the USA to Europe is cheaper than it has been in years. I did a couple searches and did not find the fares that reasonable, except unless it had two or three stops and took 24 hours. Anybody find any really good deals lately?

I had read there were some really good fares on British Airways through the summer. I did some checking and compared to what you usually find in the summer, these were very good. You might take a look.

(I'm here in France now on a $523 round trip, Knoxville to Marseille, on Delta. Even for March, that was fantastic... and I didn't mind the five hour layover in Atlanta. Our fares for our late April to mid August trip, with no long layovers, were several hundred dollars lower than usual.)

Kathy,

Now that is a GREAT fare! Did you use the Delta Website or one of the many search engines to find the fare?
Have a great Trip!

I used the Delta website. I had been checking my dates and fares were up over $1000. Then one day I checked and to my surprise, fares were considerably lower. I always prefer to book directly with the airline if possible.

Delta is running a 48 hour Frequent flyer mile sale right now - 50,000 miles round trip to Europe.

Kathy,

I ended up using frequent flyer miles from AA.

2 tickets
Richmond VA to London AA - miles
London to Basel British Airways - cash
Amsterdam to Richmond AA - miles
Total cost: 90,000 Miles + $256

I am good with the deal. I think you are right - good deals out there just keep looking.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina