• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Aix-en-Provence Parking

judeebee

We will be driving from Isle sur la Sorgue to Juan les Pins in May and want to spend the good part of our day in Aix. Can anyone provide information on the best & easiest place to park near the Cours Mirabeau? Merci.

I'm not sure that parking in Aix can ever be described as "easy." The center of the city is pedestrian only, so parking is on the outside of the "ring" that circles the center.

We take a back way through the beautiful countryside and like to park at the Parking Pasteur, which is just up from the cathedral and a nice walk down to the Cours Mirabeau through lovely Aix. But I think coming from L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue, you should park at the Parking Rotonde. This is a huge underground garage, and you'll exit to arrive right by the Tourist Office and the end of the Cours Mirabeau. (Go inside the Tourist Office to get a map of Aix.)

http://www.aixenprovencetourism.com/en/go/getting-around/car-parks-in-aix-en-provence/?detail=2780

(A GPS would be helpful to get you to this garage, but it's fairly well marked... entrance to the garage can be a bit tricky, a turn off to the left from the ring.)

What day of the week will you be visiting? The lots fill up early on market days (Tuesdays, Thursday, and especially Saturday), though they all have electronic boards outside that tell you how many spots are left. Be sure to take your ticket with you, as the pay machines are by the elevators.

There are also two "park and ride" lots on the outskirts that would enable you to avoid driving anywhere near the city, but this is more time-consuming as you have to wait for shuttle buses on both ends.

Kathy

We will be there on a Monday so the markets should not be a problem. Thank you very much for this helpful information.

I spent my junior year of college in Aix and have returned a few times but have not personally driven there. My old school is near the Cathedral so we will probably take your advice and park at Parking Pasteur.

Judy

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina