• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Netherlands Amsterdam and Berlin

That apartment looks wonderful! How was it?

I always hesitate to travel in December and January because of the weather, but sometimes you get lucky as you did!

Pauline - the apartment will go down as one of the best I have rented. The owner was amazing to work with, the location was brilliant, and it was nicely equipped for long-term stays (with the usual exception of the worst knives in existence . . . it does seem as if someone markets these to vacation rental owners doesn't it?) The one drawback for folks would be the stairs - four flights up and they are narrow and curvy.We were happy to have the owner and his partner carry our luggage up after we arrived from the airport. By the end of the stay we were scampering up like gazelles. I viewed it as great exercise.

We did luck out on the weather. My travel 'window' is usually from April - November - this trip right after New Year's was a bit of a lark. I was so nervous about the weather and how to pack for it. Happily it worked out for the best!

I certainly loved both cities. If I could only return to one it would be Berlin. Of course, as Paul was stuck at home whilst I was off having adventures with my friend I know that we'll be returning to BOTH. :D

Jerr ~ I got lost in your trip report this morning... And your blog! Very enjoyable lost hour. Well done! Just haven't had a chance to get back to you 'til now.

Thank you! :)

I've posted a trip report of sorts for Amsterdam and Berlin on my blog.

I've set up two photo albums on facebook for the trip:
Amsterdam
Berlin

Both were amazing cities. I was happy for the unseasonably warm weather!
I guess the only way to read this TR is on Facebook and I'm still a holdout. Too bad, I was looking forward to it.

You can give access to Facebook photos to non-Facebook people with a special link. I will ask jerry to do that. But his blog is not on Facebook.

Hi Lisa - the link above is to my blog. Anyone can access that. It has nothing to do with facebook.
As a non-FB user the following links should give access to the photo stream.

Amsterdam
Berlin

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina