• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Ancona Ferry

DDTraveler

10+ Posts
Has anyone taken the ferry from Split to Ancona? We have been contemplating taking the ferry next September (approximately September 20-ish). It looks like the ferry is overnight and this makes me pause. Although we could reserve a berth/cabin, I read that people sleep in the hallways, on the deck, etc., and it's difficult to get through to the bathroom. No food. Plus if the weather is stormy, I'll be unhappy. The other route is to drive north up the Croatian coast into Italy. I'd like to end up in Bologna, which is doable from either direction. Any advice?

TIA!

DD

DD - We have not taken this ferry but when we lived in Ascoli Piceno my in-laws did this trip with their car. Yes it is a car ferry and an overnight trip. It was described as uncomfortable and many people do sleep wherever possible. However, it is the quickest way to get across this section of the Adriatic.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina