• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Apartment rental August 2022 - 1 Week

SusanE

Hello,
I'm a long time fan of of Slow Europe, but new to posting in the travel forums (so hope I'm doing this correctly!).
We are hoping to visit Paris in mid-August 2022 for a week - and would greatly appreciate recommendations for an apartment rental.
We've previously stayed in the 18th arrondissement and are hoping to find something closer to the city centre.
Thank you!
Susan and Stuart, Victoria B.C.

I usually reserve apartments about a year in advance. Now that they have to be registered in Paris, and the govt. is cracking down on offenders, you might have a smaller selection. On the bright side, many Parisians go on holiday in August, so vacancies might be up. I would start with VRBO.com. Use the map to find places near what interests you and to get an idea of prices. Oft times owners who use VRBO have their properties listed on several sites or have their own websites. Sometimes I book through VRBO and sometimes directly with the owner (avoiding the VRBO fees). Either way, ask for the registration number to be sure it's a valid accommodation.

Other folks have recommended Paris Perfect but I have not used them.

We rented this apartment for a month 3 years ago & thought it fine. Not luxurious, but very comfortable & in a perfect location.

We rented 2x 2 bedroom apartments here: https://www.parisvacationapartments...s_royal-louvre&really_curr_tax=43-product_cat. Very good to work with.
I wanted 2 apartments in the same building for a family holiday and although I wasn’t keen to book
in this area, it turned out to be ideal. Very close to transport but a little "out of the way" and quiet.
We have stayed in the Marais for a month and loved that area. I can't find the apartment but there were many to choose from In the area. Enjoyed the restaurants in the area.

Thanks for all the advice - very much appreciated!
We were able to find a rental on the edge of the Marais through Cobblestone Paris. Usually our planning window is at least 9-12 months in advance - so this trip is proving to more challenging than usual. We are attending our son's university graduation in London - and it was rescheduled on short notice, hence the (relative) rush. The next challenge is finding a rental in London for two weeks!!

Thanks for all the advice - very much appreciated!
We were able to find a rental on the edge of the Marais through Cobblestone Paris. Usually our planning window is at least 9-12 months in advance - so this trip is proving to more challenging than usual. We are attending our son's university graduation in London - and it was rescheduled on short notice, hence the (relative) rush. The next challenge is finding a rental in London for two weeks!!
Everything is different post C-19, I have booked and enjoyed 2 breaks in the UK just a week before starting the holiday. I believe suppliers are more flexible and that must be a good thing.
In theory I should be able to help you find somewhere suitable in London for your 2 week stay but probably won’t be able to do much research until after Easter.
Although I live in Surrey my late husband & I used to enjoy time in both serviced and self catering breaks in London.
No doubt someone else will jump in before me to assist.
Wendy

Wendy - Many thanks for your offer to assist. I have made a number of enquiries with agencies and looking at a few options. One of the better options is close to the Earls Court tube station which seems a bit farther from city centre than we had hoped. Wondering if you have stayed in this area before and have any thoughts?

Hello Susan,
I agree that Earls Court seems a little distant from central London but I have not stayed there although I have attended day conferences in the area & I feel getting around is quite easy.
One of my sons has stayed there for work so I’ll ask him about his experiences.
I guess a lot depends upon your priorities of where you want to go during your visit apart from your son’s university of course.
Sorry not to be much help at this time.
Wendy

Hi Susan,
The journey from E C to central London by tube is quick & convenient but much depends upon how far your rental property will be away from the tube station.
My suggestion is that you try out a couple of journeys in theory and test how long they might take but add in up to an extra third in time wise to allow for the some times rather long walks once you are in the tube station to get to the right platform.
Don’t be afraid to use the buses, they are good and sometimes can be just as quick as the tube if the bus lanes and road works allow !
( Sometimes they are not.)
I use them a lot as you can see London and rest at the same time!

Last edited:

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina