• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Arles

Chris

500+ Posts
Does anyone have any suggestions for Arles? I'm looking for a two-bedroom for a few days in early November.

I was looking at vacation rentals in Arles a few years ago and we ended up in a hotel instead. I took the opportunity to walk by a rental I was considering but was close to the highway. In person it was really close. So if you come across that one, don't take it.

This probably isn't helpful.

I booked this one today: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/9526291

I checked it out on google street view after I booked it, and it looks like a great location. The front door is between an ice cream shop and an Olivades store. It's not close to a highway, but it is right in the thick of things. I'm going to have to do a little more street view exploring to find a wine bar for Shannon!

Hello Chris:
We were pleased with this accommodation just outside Arles: http://www.domainedelatourette.com/index.html . We were there in the off-season yet the grounds were well-cared for. The hosts were helpful and unobtrusive. One needs a car but access to all around Arles is very easy. Oops should have read more closely; you've already booked!

If you enjoy history, the Arles Museum of Antiquity specializes in the Roman origins of Arles. We also enjoyed walking the walls of Aigues-Mortes. If you visit Aigues-Mortes I would avoid the restaurants around the main square. We found a couple not far away along the Rue Pasteur; their names escape me but one was a Spanish themed place.

I definitely want to see that museum, and hope we have time for Aigues-Mortes. Thanks!

I see you've already booked, but for other's reference, we stayed here: https://www.vrbo.com/6583957ha The owner was super sweet and picked us up and dropped us at the train station, which would have been a hike. It's a little quirky, but is nicer than the photos and very budget friendly.

It was toward one end of town, in La Roquette neighborhood, but can easily walk everywhere - and easy to get lost. There is a parking lot a couple blocks away and the bus stop was also super close. We took the bus to St. Remy and Saintes Maries de la Mer in the Camargue.

We splurged our last day and had lunch at L'Atelier de Jean-Luc Rabanel. If it's in your budget, it is definitely an experience.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina