• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Article - Provence vs Languedoc

Pauline

Forums Admin
Here is an article from the UK Telegraph from June 2011.

France holidays: Provence vs Languedoc
The south of France beckons – but which part of it should you visit? Continuing his series, Anthony Peregrine offers expert advice.

From the article:
Verdict: Provence (41/50) pips its neighbour (40/50) – but only just.

My current favorite town in France is Uzes, but Pezenas is on my list for our next visit (and Vaison-la-Romaine in Provence). From the article:
Both Pézenas and the many-towered Uzès still possess the dignity of their former status, Uzès as France's oldest duchy, Pézenas as a regional centre important enough (Lord forgive it) to have been Molière's base for a season or two.

I am fond of both towns. In fact I am going to Uzes in late March, invited by very generous lovely friends, and to Pezenas in June. Yippee.

I am still dithering about a trip in May - either to Vaison (but the places I like are booked) or to Pezenas (which I had planned to go to in the fall, but places are available in May). Or to Brittany. And I have to make my mind up soon or it will be May!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina