• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Autoeurope price jumps in Italy?

LindaG

10+ Posts
Hello all,

A month ago I checked on a couple of car rentals in Italy for a trip in Oct/Nov 2018 (one in Sicily and one in Emilia Romagna). As my itinerary wasn't finalized I didn't complete the rentals. At that time Autoeurope had much better prices than Kemwel. When I checked today, the Autoeurope prices had jumped up more than $100 for the same rental times and locations but Kemwel's prices remained the same. Has anyone else seen this jump in price? Not sure now whether to go ahead or to wait. I didn't want to tie up my $$ just yet. I've used both Kemwel and Autoeurope in the past many times but don't recall this type of jump.

Thanks, Linda

I booked my rental in June through Autoeurope for an October trip to Italy. The same rental costs 50 dollars more today, just checked. I have no idea if this is unusual or not.

Oh that's so unfortunate! My experience has been the opposite; prices have dropped before a trip and AE refunded the difference, no question. If it's cheaper elsewhere but you'd prefer to stick with AE, you can show them the other quote and they'll match it. At least they used to match prices, not sure if they do so. (AE matched a Hertz quote a few years ago for me...even though it turned out the Hertz price hadn't included insurance so it was apples and oranges! A happy bonus for me!)

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina