• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

AutoEurope - U.S. or Canadian Site?

artnbarb

1000+ Posts
Still playing around with rates for next year, comparing AE with Kemwel, when I remembered that AE sometimes has cheaper prices using their Canadian site. Sure enough - the rate went from Kemwel's price of $1391 to AE Canada's price of CAN$1266/US$962. That's a savings of $429!!! The charge went through, and of course all our info is listed with the U.S. address - but I'm still a little nervous. Thoughts?

I've used the AE Canada site to book our rental cars since 2013, including the car for our upcoming trip in May/June 2020. It's always been cheaper than using the US site to book and we've never had a problem. One of the main reasons I started using AE Canada was because the rates originally always included zero deductible for theft/damage insurance. However, when I just recently booked, I noticed that the Canada website now has 2 separate rates posted for each car, one w/ zero deductible and a cheaper rate that includes a deductible, just like the US version of the website. However, the overall rates are still cheaper on AE Canada than the US version of their website.

Originally I had booked thru Kemwell, which was cheaper than AE U.S.-based site. Their rate was US$1390.96 for 76 days and zero deductible.

I checked with AE's Canadian-residents page, and the price was CAN$1266.29. Part of the value for U.S. citizens is the weakness of the Canadian dollar. CAN$1266.29 equals US$963.68. I saved $426.

I don't know if I messed up last year by not checking with the Canadian-based site, but I paid around $1400 for 77 days, zero deductible, and I regularly checked back with the site to make sure the price hadn't dropped but that's the lowest I ever saw. In the past I've saved several hundreds of dollars by having the price lowered 2 or 3 times!

Anyway, I did book thru the Canadian-based AE site, they accepted my payment, I don't forsee an issue. Thanks for verifying that this is still possible!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina