• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Babar's Guide to Paris

Bucky Edgett

Have a few pictures from the book we can't indentify. Some may be "fantasy," that is, composite/artistic license. But 90% of the book is identifiable things/places. So, these?

A street scene…

P1100462 whited 600x800.jpg

A brasserie…

P1100460 whited 600x800.jpg

A park in Paris…

P1100465 whited 600x800.jpg

I sincerely hope my posting these here will not involve copyright issues. If the moderators think it might, please take down this post! Thank you all very much.

Yours,

Bucky Edgett

I have a photo very close to that first picture. I took it after visiting the Quai Branly Museum. You can see from the street sign visible in the photo that it is Ave de la Bourdonnais.

IMG_3508.jpg

Dear Roz,

You've come as close as can be. The book illustration is a combination of your view with the buildings at
Place du Général Gouraud looking out either the Avenue Rapp or the Rue St. Dominique. Can't thank you enough. Some day, a Paris walk photographing all the places shown in The Guide!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina