• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

back to slow travel...

madwing

hello, all. my name's bill, and i live with my wife alice in felton, california. she's half-english, half-italian, and as a result we've spent a lot of time in our 25 years together travelling to europe. her folks have a flat in lucca, as well as a house in devon, and other family in london, and cambridge, with friends all over europe from rostock to bari.

i used to be part of the slowtrav website, and it was invaluable in our early 2000s trips. i stopped going for more than 10 years (primarily due to work), and started going again in 2015. we're now trying to go twice a year, in advance of owning something in italy for our retirement; we plan to go twice a year, two to three months at a time. i'm beginning the process of gaining my italian residency, then will get my italian passport, once we can get through the papework!

anyway, i hope to contribute to the website, and do appreciate everyone's experiences, especially in this time of pandemic/endemic, with its shifting rules and regulations.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina