• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Best pill organizer for travel?

Cameron

500+ Posts
I'm finally at the point where I have a prescription med. I'm to take it an hour before breakfast; then, take my vitamins at noon, to prevent interactions with the med.

I'd like to have a 7-day pill travel organizer where the daily compartments, instead of the entire organizer, can go with me as I'm out and about.

Since I'm usually traveling longer than 7 days, I'll have to reload it for subsequent days/weeks.

I found this one on Amazon, but if you have a better recommendation, please provide the info.

Thanks!

Cameron...

You don't mention how many vitamins, or how big. I like to keep everything simple, and small, so I use this one, which fits easily in to my toiletry bag. Sometimes I take two, so I don't have to count out the next weeks supply on a shorter trip. It's on the same page you found, but further down:

https://www.amazon.com/Apex-Healthc..._rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=102FHMCXDT5R49K9K323

(yikes, that is a huge link! sorry) . Anyway, the compartments are just large enough for my 2 daily meds, plus daily baby aspirin. That's how I keep track of what I'm taking each day... then refill once a week . If I need more, like a vitamin, I just keep them in a small bottle or pill box, and take as needed. Sometimes even a small ziplock bag works just fine for those. Easier to pack and carry around. So, unless you need to keep really careful track of the vitamins, or have a lot to take, I wouldn't try the bulky case you're looking at. Especially if you intend to carry it with you every day.

PS: I get mine at Walgreens, which has a small selection, w/o having to go through Amazon sight unseen... you'll be able to gauge size, etc right then and there.

cheers
Karen

Thanks, Karen.

I have to take prescription D for another two months, then OTC. I also take magnesium and B vitamins, per doctor. I also take a Pepcid Complete for my stomach, but I know it's too big for most containers, so I have the little ziplock pill bags for it. Those others are three small pills, but I will want to carry those with me to take at lunch since I can't take vitamins, especially magnesium and calcium, within 4 hours of my thyroid meds (had the right lobe removed a month ago, so I'll have hypothyroidism for life). That's why I want the removable daily dose container, so that I don't have to carry a bigger container out to lunch when I'm in Europe. It's such an adjustment to have all these rules around one tiny, but crucial pill.

I use a Pill Organizer from Magellans.com; it is a folding soft organizer with 8 AM and 8 PM vinyl pouches with ziplock closures. When closed the organizer folds flat to 7 3/4” by 4”. It works well for me, since the vinyl pouches slide out and can be carried in my handbag. (Just be sure not to unzip too fast, as the zipper slider could come off). https://www.magellans.com/Search.as...GASearchTerm=pill+organizer&srchcat=SearchBox

Sorry for the long link; couldn’t figure out how to shorten it!

Isn't it annoying that we have to lug this stuff around? But... could be worse. I like those little zip-locks, though.

Good luck, Cameron!

use a Pill Organizer from Magellans.com; it is a folding soft organizer with 8 AM and 8 PM vinyl pouches with ziplock closures. When closed the organizer folds flat to 7 3/4” by 4”. It works well for me, since the vinyl pouches slide out and can be carried in my handbag.

That looks interesting -- no rattling around. Maybe easier to pack.

Cameron,

I have used one for years like the one you showed from Amazon. It has served me well.

However here are two recommendations

1) Pack the container in a plastic bag just in case it opens in transit. That has only happened once, and never since I took my on advice ;)

2) I carefully peel my prescription label off my medicine bottle and then use clear packing tape to put the label(s) on the back of the container. Not all medications are legal in all countries. This way you have a reference to what the pills in the container are if it is ever questioned. And of course God forbid something happens while you are in travel the DRs will have a reference of what you are taking.

Yours doesn't work either, Roz. I suggest a search for Ezy Dose Weekly AM/PM Travel Pill Planner (Small) on Amazon to see what Roz and I are suggesting.

This is weird -- maybe Pauline can figure it out. When I select that link in the message, copy it, and paste it into another browser window, it works fine. But when I click on the link into the message window, it doesn't work.

Just for the heck of it, I'm going to try pasting it into another message here.
https://www.amazon.com/Dose-Weekly-Travel-Planner-Small/dp/B001THDDFC/

So if others get the same result, that one works, although it looks just the same as the one in the previous message.

This thread is a little like "Who's on First?"!! :D

I like both the one Cameron started with/Chris & Roz linked and the Magellans idea.

One year when I had to take a bunch of pills and they wouldn't fit in my small pill organizer, I used little square zip loc bags similar to the Magellans product that were sort of like these: https://www.amazon.com/Pill-Mill-Ba...r=8-1-spons&keywords=zip+lock+pill+bags&psc=1 Mine didn't say Pill Mill on them though.

I liked them because I could write on them for am/pm. They are also reusable and lasted for years. Alcohol erased what I wrote when I wanted to use them for a different purpose. They were simple to open & close. I filled them all up before my trip and put them inside a larger zip loc bag for travel.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina