• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Bluetooth transmitter for AirPods on flights??

PokeyMindy

100+ Posts

has anyone used this product or similar? Thinking it would be cool to use on any upcoming flights! In the past I've used noise cancelling headphones but they finally bit the dust. I love my AirPods and think they do rather well at "noise cancelling". I can't really justify spending $$$ on new headphones.

Thank you!

Mindy :snailorange::turtle::)

I have something like that that I got for using airline entertainment systems, though the newest ones will have bluetooth built in.

But I never bothered to watch anything on the plane entertainment.

I have an iPad Air with 256 GB of storage so I can store dozens of hours of content, let me catch up on shows.

Many streaming services will let you download shows for offline viewing on your iPad or iPhone, such as Netflix, Apple TV +, Amazon Prime, Disney +, etc.

Also my cable TV subscription provider has an app which also let you download recorded shows.

Long flights are a good time to catch up on shows.

has anyone used this product or similar? Thinking it would be cool to use on any upcoming flights! In the past I've used noise cancelling headphones but they finally bit the dust. I love my AirPods and think they do rather well at "noise cancelling". I can't really justify spending $$$ on new headphones.

Thank you!

Mindy :snailorange::turtle::)
Hi Mindy, I purchased this a couple of weeks ago for my upcoming trip coming up next week. I’ll be using it on KLM Airlines. I got it because the wired headsets are annoying to me and I also like the noise cancelling On the IPods. I’ll report back here with my Slow Europe Review of this Tech item.

I have been using a bluetooth transmitter on planes for 5 or so years and absolutely love it. You plug it into the jack on the plane entertainment system and pair it up with your earbuds! works a treat, and even you can keep listening to music as you go to the loo 10 or so metres away. I just bought my wife a set that can pair two devices at once, meaning that if one of our entertaining devices do not work, we can still watch the same movie and have our own earbuds.

@PokeyMindy - thanks for alerting me to this wonderful gadget, as an IT guy, I am embarassed to say I did not know these existed! We are booked on a 10 hour flight in October, so looking forward to using these!

@alemann - thanks for the strong recommendation!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina