• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Help Needed Burgundy etc. , Need Advice

CaWino

100+ Posts
We are scheduled for a river cruise in October 2019 from Avignon to Lyon, with tentative plans for three day post cruise in Dijon. After that, we are on our own. I would like to spend another two weeks or so in France. We do plan to go to Paris and rent an apartment for a week. One question is, "Should we stay longer in Burgundy, say base in Beaune for an additional three nights?" We had considered a few days in Normandy and Brittany, but the logistics seem challenging. We do not plan to rent a car. Other suggestions? Need Paris airbnb apartment suggestions, too.

As a background, we have been to Paris several times previously. We have also visited Bordeaux and Loire Valley. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Last edited:
Le Creusot appears to me on the Eurostar route between Lyon and Paris, and also within a modest taxi ride of Beaune. On this basis I'd see Beaune as a viable option.

We have tentatively decided to go from Dijon to Bayeux and spend four nights there. We plan to tour D-Day beaches, and surrounding area. St. Malo in Brittany looks a bit too far (off beaten path) so will likely go to Paris for a week after Bayeux.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina