• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Car service Fiumicino to Siena

Karen P

Is $400± a reasonable rate for a car service in June 2022 from Fiumicino to Siena? I presume same rate to return.

It's been a long time since I was in Siena. What are other transportation options?

Thanks.

That is quite a question, and not something that is done very often, so I'm not surprised that you have not had a reply. However, a few years ago, we had an accident in our rental car, and the rental company had us take a hired car from Orvieto back to FCO. So, not as far as Sienna, but in the same general region. The cost in 2018 was about $350.00 or so, $ CDN. I don't know if that was a realistic or official / standard fare, but I hope it gives some relative cost for you.

Just looking at the Trenitalia site, it would be about E 25 per person one way, and at least two changes. That is not a lot of work, but it depends on your level of comfort with the train system and how tired you expect to be. Then you need to get from the train station, which is below the town, to wherever you are staying.

Or renting a car is an option as well, but not everyone is happy mixing it up with the driving.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina