• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Campania & Amalfi Coast Cilento Coast, Santa Maria di Castellabate - Villa Virginia, 7 bedrooms (Summer in Italy)

Pauline

Forums Admin
Review of: Summer in Italy, agency with vacation rentals in Italy
http://www.summerinitaly.com/

These reviews were collected on the Slow Europe website and have been copied here. This is an old review but the villa is still for rent so I have included it.

Reviewed by: @Valerie
Reviewed on: June 1, 2009
Date of Stay: winter 2009
Vacation Rental Name: Villa Virginia

Full Disclosure: I am friends with the owners of Villa Virginia.

This is the kind of vacation villa everyone dreams of - comfortable and spacious, stellar views, a bathroom for everyone in the group, a large kitchen along with outdoor cooking area, daily maid service, plenty of patio space to enjoy, wireless internet as well as a house computer, air conditioning, and a swimming pool. Perfection, except perhaps for the very steep road to reach the place, but once there the unbelievable views make it very worthwhile. The entire Amalfi Coast and Capri can be seen, along with the immediate coast and pretty town of Santa Maria di Castellabate. We watched the fishing boats leave every morning, and toasted the sunset every evening.

There are 7 bedrooms and 7 baths, making it ideal for a family reunion or group of friends. No one has to share a bathroom, and the bedrooms are all quite spacious; all but one have doors opening onto a patio or terrace. Everything is nicely done up and tastefully decorated; beds are comfortable and there are large wardrobes and dressers. I liked that there was bedside lighting (not always a given in Italian rentals!).

The kitchen is very large and has abundant dishware and glassware, along with serving ware of all sizes. There is a large table in the kitchen for informal meals, a long dining room table that accommodates everyone, and several outdoor tables placed around too. If I had one complaint with the villa it would be that kitchen lighting is rather dim, but we were there in the off-season when the sun goes down sooner than in high summer.

The living room has satellite TV, a DVD player, several sofas, and a pretty fireplace that seems to have never been used. There is a desk with computer available to guests, and a telephone rigged up to provide very cheap calls out of Italy.
Another nice touch is the laundry room with washing machine (including a rapid cycle!) and a dryer, not something you often find in Italy. There is a clothesline on the upper terrace for rapid drying in the sun, as well.

Outside is a nice swimming pool complete with little shower area and outside bathroom (but we were there in the off-season and didn't get to make use of it); plenty of patio space, a ping-pong table, a gazebo, and a great outdoor cooking space, with wood-fired grill and pizza oven. Oh yeah, and those views!!

The villa is in a quiet neighborhood. A car is necessary, but the closest shops and coffee bars are just a few minutes away. There is a good veggie shop and fish shop just at the bottom of the hill, and two supermarkets right there as well. Everything you need can be found in Santa Maria with its pretty Corso lined with shops and gelaterias.

There was obviously much thought and attention to detail put into furnishing and equipping Villa Virginia. I can't imagine anyone not loving it, and I hope to return for a family reunion in the next year or so!

That was a while back! We recommended it to friends from SC who did a big family reunion at Villa Virginia last year for two weeks, and loved it!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina