• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Costa del Sol March 6th

douglasyacker

Has anyone travelled to Costa Del Sol in early March? Wasw thinking would be a good base for day trips as have inexpensive accomodations for one week. Good to rent a car to drive to see Granada, Seville?

Hello Douglas:
We have travelled to that area in February and March and found the weather to be fine. You must realize I'm writing from Calgary where it was -25C last week! We wore sweaters or jackets some days; other days we were in shirt sleeves.
If by the Costa del Sol you mean the Malaga area it would be a long day trip to either Seville (about 3 hours one way) or Granada (a little under 2hours) leaving little time to experience either. Also driving and finding parking in either city could be troublesome.
There are many sights in the area you mention that are easily reached by car on day trips: many pueblos blancos, Ronda, Grazalema, Antequera and its dolmens, Nerja caves, El Torcal Park if you like walking to name only a few.

Best of luck with your planning.
Dennis

This is very helpful to start ...thank you for answering! We were only considering because of nice accomodations at reasonable cost. And with covid restrictions and little time to plan, this may not be our best option.

That being said we love to explore! It might be possible to have an overnight in Seville or Granada. Another member just posted about Andalusia trip. I am glad I looked at SlowTravel.
Thank you Dennis!

Lynn and Doug

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina