• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Diary of a French Herb Garden

phirhon

100+ Posts
Contest 2019 Winner!
I am a bit of a book tragic especially if they are about France and cooking. Today in my local op shop I found a book called ' Diary of a French Herb Garden ' by Geraldine Holt. It is the story of how she restored the village cure's garden in the small village of Saint Montan in the Ardeche. What made this more special for me is that we visited this village in 2010 when we were staying in the Drome. The garden was already there and we did not realise. I can see the lovely old village in my mind. This afternoon I sat outside on our verandah with a glass of wine - it was 32 degrees Celsius here today, so the wine is cold and crisp - and I was transported to France. After Googling her it got even better. I have one of her cookbooks, ' Recipes from a French Herb Garden', also found in an op shop.
So, I had to share. It is nice to have a forum where there is a place to talk about books.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina