• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Dining experience in Barcelona

Deborah

10+ Posts
Pretend you are going to drop from a helicopter into Barcelona only to have dinner. You are going to be picked up in four hours. You have never been to Barcelona and will never return. If money is not the issue, but you do want to avoid the cruise ship crowd what restaurant will you choose?

To be sure we are going to be doing a lot of that, Amy. But we are looking for a special restaurant experience for a celebration dinner with another couple.

I woul like to suggest that you visit the Spain forum on the Rick Steves travel website and specifically ask a poster named Enric your question. He is a native of Barcelona who gives the most wonderful advice. I am sure he could recommend a fabulous place.

Tickets is a fun experience. We were lucky enough to score a reservation last year when someone canceled the day before. (If you are seeking "fine dining," Tickets may not be what you want, though.)
What kind of experience are you looking for? Barcelona has a number of very fine (and very expensive) starred restaurants if that is what you are seeking. We were fortunate enough to obtain a reservation at El Celler de Can Roca in Girona this year and it was an over-the-top experience, but not one I would seek to repeat. (BTW, we made that reservation eleven months in advance.)
I can give you the names of some of the places we enjoy in Barcelona, but they may not fit what you are looking for.

I tried to go to that link and it doesn't open anything but a slide show of some dushes.

I clicked it and I see the website. It is a slideshow of dishes but above the photos are two subtle links - Book and About Us. If you don't see them, try another browser. These days websites don't seem to work in all browsers. I am using Edge and I see the links.

Oh, DISHES. I thought the typo was for TUSHES.;) . (I didn't go rushing off to see the tushes, honest.)

If you are a tapas lover we so much enjoyed Taller de Tapas that we dine there twice during our visit a few years ago. The are a few locations but the one in Plaza Sant Josep was outstanding. Outside dining if the weather is nice. We were serenaded by a violin player who was nicely inconspicous other than his playing. Hope to return with friends some day.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina