• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Easier Entry to Italy

Penn251

100+ Posts
No testing will be required for entry into Italy - just proof of vaccination.

If the same as the EU Council rules, two doses of vaccine sufficient if the last does was within 270 days. If also boosted, then the 270 day limitation does not apply.

NEW ITALIAN ENTRY REGULATIONS TAKE EFFECT MARCH 1 THROUGH MARCH 31:

https://www.esteri.it/en/ministero/...-dall-estero-e-cittadini-stranieri-in-italia/

https://www.esteri.it/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/Restrizioni-ingresso-in-Italia_24.02.22_EN.pdf

NOTE that these rules apply to persons entering Italy REGARDLESS OF COUNTRY OF PROVENANCE, with the sole exceptions of San Marino and Vatican City.

ADDITIONAL PROVISIONS WHICH APPLY AT LEAST FROM MARCH 1 THROUGH MARCH 31 FOR FOREIGNERS ENTERING ITALY and having vaccination or recovery certificates between 6 and 9 months old:

"As of 1 February 2022, the validity of COVID-19 Green Pass to access activities and services in Italy is 6 months.

Those who come from a foreign country and are in possession of a certificate of recovery from Covid-19 or vaccination with a vaccine authorised or recognised as equivalent in Italy, issued by the competent foreign health authorities, where six to nine months have elapsed since the completion of the vaccination cycle or recovery, are allowed access to services and activities for which the Green Pass is provided after having carried out a rapid antigen test swab (valid for 48 hours) or molecular test swab (valid for 72 hours).

The test is not mandatory in case of recovery from Covid-19 after the completion of the primary vaccination cycle. In the case of vaccinations with vaccines that are not authorised or not recognised as equivalent in Italy, access to services and activities is allowed in any case after having carried out a rapid antigen test swab (valid for 48 hours) or molecular test swab (valid for 72 hours) with a negative result for the SARS-CoV-2 virus."

https://www.salute.gov.it/portale/n...lish&id=5412&area=nuovoCoronavirus&menu=vuoto

I’m headed to Tuscany beginning of April just for 2 weeks( business) but I’m worried about the Covid numbers.
My cousin who lives in Tuscany whom I talk to daily tells me the Covid numbers are rising quickly! He’s concerned so of course so am I now. Another wave?

Here is some additional information which you may find helpful (a cut and paste from my posting on a different travel website):

BREAKING NEWS

Italy's daily new Covid cases today are UP by 39.5% compared to last Sunday. This is the NINTH CONSECUTIVE DAY that the Covid case count has increased compared to the corresponding day of the previous week.

The positivity rate has increased for the ELEVENTH CONSECUTIVE DAY, and is at the highest level (14.81%) since January 27.

The number of weekly new Covid cases has increased (compared to the 7-day running total of previous days) for the SIXTH CONSECUTIVE DAY.

New deaths continue to DECREASE.

New hospitalizations and ICU admissions have INCREASED very slightly today, which is not surprising in light of the very significant percentage increase in new cases over the past several days.

Complete details in my daily statistics update to follow.

I’m headed to Tuscany beginning of April just for 2 weeks( business) but I’m worried about the Covid numbers.
My cousin who lives in Tuscany whom I talk to daily tells me the Covid numbers are rising quickly! He’s concerned so of course so am I now. Another wave?
I'm no expert of course, but it could be that this is not exactly "another wave", but each region reacting at its own pace to the Omicron variant. It's possible that the most populated regions of Italy saw the current wave peak in January, and now other regions are going through smaller peaks.
If the numbers in Tuscany are on the rise, then potentially there are 3-4 weeks until the peak (if indeed the rise is not some sort of blip in testing rates or statistics). So theoretically, your trip in 2 weeks could come out at the peak of infections in this region.
If your business trip includes a lot of meetings in closed places with a lot of people - well, you'll have to take extra precautions, it seems...
You might try and check Italian media for more reliable info.

I have been watching the weekly updates (on Mondays) to the official classification of regions into zones of concern (red, orange, yellow and white). The steady trend over the past month has been towards more and more regions entering the white (least restrictive) classification. The official classifications can be followed here. https://www.salute.gov.it/portale/n...lish&id=5367&area=nuovoCoronavirus&menu=vuoto The trend actually looks quite good.

I have been watching the weekly updates (on Mondays) to the official classification of regions into zones of concern (red, orange, yellow and white). The steady trend over the past month has been towards more and more regions entering the white (least restrictive) classification. ...... The trend actually looks quite good.

Hi Penn251 - I believe that the statistics show that the trend for Italy generally is good, like you say, and on basis of the link you supplied. However the regional picture might not be so clear-cut.
Here is a screenshot from today's NYT, where they show that there are regions that are experiencing an increase in infection, and that the R number is still above 1.
You can see that for Tuscany, this is the case - a rise compared to the last two weeks. This is probably what vicogirl15's cousin is seeing around him, and thus his concern.

NYT.png

"Upticks" in infections are now being seen in quite a few countries, such as Britain, Israel and Germany. The causes are thought to be any one of the following : the easing of restrictions, the weakening of the effect of the vaccines administered, and the increase in the prevalence of the B.A.2 variant. These slight increases are not expected to bring about a large new wave of re-infection, but can be a risk for part of the population.
Anyone traveling should indeed get the most updated information for their destination, and in any case continue to take precautions.

Check out the thread, not just Italy...

Travel and Ukraine situation​

Last edited by a moderator:

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina