• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Edinburgh - Favorite Restaurants?

I haven't been in Edinburgh in 20+ years, but the UK has come a long way food-wise. Fish and Chips, which can be horrible, are very good in a good quality place. Pubs in our area can have very good food - nothing like the pub food of the old days. I imagine it is the same in Scotland. And, of course, Indian restaurants are frequently very good.

The Guardian newspaper has weekly restaurant reviews. That site might be worth searching.

Be aware that expensive restaurants can be staggeringly expensive here!! I know you will love the beer. I am not much of a drinker, but I love the local beer here.

Our son's family lives in Edinburgh so we go up there at least once a year. Expensive eating out is certainly true! But try the delicious Scottish cuisine and homemade bread at The Grain Store (reasonable set price lunches), and if you like it hot, don't miss the Wing Sing Inn- very authentic Szechuan cuisine. The eggplant/aubergine with pork is out of this world! I have dreams about it. It's not fancy, but it's not expensive either!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina