• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

EU border reopenings : what about Canadians already in EU

BoobooNancy

Hi All,
I’ve been searching for good information about the reopening of borders inside the EU/Schengen and have yet to find something that adresses the issue of non-EU citizens/residents who were already inside the EU when borders started closing due to Covid19 pandemic. I believe many EU countries then relaxed their rules on 90-day short term stays, as long as you registered with local police ( in Croatia anyways ). All the info pertains to citizens but it never really mentions 3rd country nationals who are already in Europe, which would be more logical since your actual location/point-of-origin is what counts when dealing with infection control. According to Greek Tourism Board, they will let everybody in as of July 1st, 2020, so we are flying out to Greece on July 7th, 2020, fingers crossed that they will let us into the country. I have emailed the Canadian Consulate in Greece to see if they can confirm this but I’ve heard nothing so far. I would be most appreciative if anybody had any information about this particular situation. We have already been in Croatia since end of January, 2020 and while it has been great, we would hate to overstay our welcome. Thank you.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina