• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Tuscany Fabulous 3BR 2BA apt. in Siena

PokeyMindy

100+ Posts
https://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p613006vb

If you have plans to stay in Siena please check out this amazing apartment. I stayed here with 2 friends from Sept 23- 30th. The delightful owners, Anna and Franco, live in the building and were so kind and informative. They became instant friends! The apartment is located on the 3rd floor (American). Anna and Franco were there to meet us when we arrived and they hauled our heavy suitcases up the stairs. They went over everything in the apartment, how to use the washing machine (which became comical but it all worked out). They supplied washing machine detergent, dishwasher detergent (although we didn't use the dishwasher), towels, extra blankets and a clothesline and clips.
The location is PERFETTO! Only a 5-8 minute walk to the Piazza del Campo. We had a great grocery store just up the street, coffee bars, candy stores, excellent gelateria, shopping shopping shopping! There is a University nearby so many places to lure you inside. Even a fabulous restaurant right on the street level. http://www.lasostadiviolante.it/
IMG_5333.jpg

I slept in the large bedroom and it was very quiet. The building was once a convent. (Surprisingly the building did not collapse when the 3 of us entered) :D There was an issue with the front bedrooms and the apartment next to us but Anna responded quickly and spoke to the young college students. Anna was clearly upset as up until a few weeks before there was a very quiet couple living there and she never had any complaints. She was so funny...pounding on her chest "I am angry at them. This is not good for me". We appreciated her quick action at resolving the problem. Since Anna and Franco lived in the building we could put a note under their door and they would come up to help. Anna does work during the day (she is a Physical therapist). Of course she also left us her phone number, places of interest to visit, and places to eat. Our favorite place and probably one of the best meals/experiences of the entire trip was at http://www.ristorantebagoga.it/

As much as I love Florence and have many friends living there, I LOVED SIENA! It has it's own vibe and we all agreed that we'd love to return one day and stay again in this lovely apartment.!

A photo of Franco and Anna.

Happy travels!

Mindy :snailorange: :happy:

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina