• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Fibonacci has moved over to Slow Europe

Fibonacci

10+ Posts
Hello to all and especially to the ones from Slow Travel. I have been inactive for several years on any travel sites but will be in Sweden and Germany in a couple of months and went to the Slow Talk forum to see if there was a recommended meeting place in the Stockholm Arlanda airport. I found out about Internet Brands' decision regarding Slow Travel and the info about Slow Europe.

About me... aerospace engineer by degree who got into the wood products industry by way of noise and vibration control work. Got an early retirement as result of a corporate takeover and have worked independently since then. Project development at the NATO military installations in Spain and Italy gave me some little ability in tourist Italian, as well as a bunch of trips. A couple of years ago I began representing a German sawmill machinery company in the US and have occasional business travel to Europe in connection with that. Interests include history, food, art and traveling simply.

My wife and I are considering another trip to Italy later this year. It will be my 11th. In addition, some of my family will be moving to Europe this summer for multi-year assignment.

Our last European trips have been in 2014 to France and Luxembourg, and a November 2015 trip to Campania, Apulia, Calabria and Sicily.

Last edited:
I remember you from SlowTrav. Did you ever explain your member name - Fibonacci? I know what a Fibonacci Number is (although what a strange concept!) but why have you chosen that as your name?

Thanks for joining the forums!

I remember you from SlowTrav. Did you ever explain your member name - Fibonacci? I know what a Fibonacci Number is (although what a strange concept!) but why have you chosen that as your name?

Thanks for joining the forums!

Well, Fibonacci was an Italian mathematician from Pisa and I was most interested in Italy when I joined Slow Travel, so I chose that name. I have used his name as a user name on other sites as well. I got interested in him, the golden mean, and the series after reading an article in either Scientific American or Smithsonian a long time ago. The occurrence of the ratio of any two consecutive numbers in the series in nature, as well as some of the properties of that ratio, just fascinate me.

It is a good choice of a name.

In the old ST days I didn't realize it meant anything and my husband (who has two degrees in math) noticed it once and commented on it. I had thought it was something in Italian!! (And I was right since he was an Italian mathematician).

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina