• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Fine Tuning Ireland Itinerary

artnbarb

1000+ Posts
I'm making progress on the itinerary, but still have to read the Ireland Guidebook written by our friends Matt and Zeneba. I'm hoping to use their book to help me finalize our lodgings in each area. Tight now I have

• 4 nights in Dublin, then picking up a car, driving south and spending
  • 3/4 nights in Kilkenny (advice?)
  • 2 nights in Kinsale
  • 1 night in Kenmare
  • 3 nights on the Dingle Peninsula, and finally,
  • 3 nears in/near Galway.
We may have an extra night to play with, and my first instinct is to add it to the Galway area. Any thoughts? (After Galway we'll drive directly to Dublin Airport for a morning flight to Leeds England.)

I think I've found the solution! The only flight I can get to Leeds departs Dublin very, very early on Saturday morning. I think we'll drive from the Galway area, the last (3 night) stop of our Dublin-Dublin tour of Ireland, on Friday. We can stop at the National Stud and Japanese Gardens - I'd been disappointed when this didn't seem feasible during the first part of our trip. I'm a Kentucky girl so seeing beautiful horses is always a treat! It'll be July, so not dark until late, meaning we can return our rental car to the airport as late as 9 p.m., then spend Friday night at an airport hotel. Yes!

I've been out of circulation for a month with a knee infection. Your itinerary sounds wonderful and you will have a relaxed time to enjoy Ireland. Do try and include the Beara Peninsula if time allows and get down to the tip for the cable car to Dursey Island. Cows and livestock have preference over people!

Oh, I do hope your National Stud visit is a success. Someone who stayed with me remarked that this was their biggest disappointment on their trip. I am not quite sure what went on but I know she didn't get to see many horses. Hopefully, they were just having a bad day. I don't know your dates but of course the Dublin Horse Show is in August and there is a big horse show at Millstreet, also in August, later in the month (can't find dates but it was held this year in the last week I think).

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina