• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

France Memoir - Ten Trees and a Truffle Dog

Pauline

Forums Admin
Ten Trees and a Truffle Dog: Sniffing Out the Perfect Plot in Provence by Jamie Ivey. This is the fourth of a series based on the adventures of Ivey and his wife in Provence. Actually my favorite was Rosé En Marché: Running a Market Stall in Provence, since it had so much about the ins and outs of markets in Provence. You may have trouble finding these in the US. Recommended by @Roz .

I read the first book in this series and thought it was okay, then I read this one which I really enjoyed. It tells the story of the couple living in Provence, near the Luberon, renting part of a farmhouse, running a wine selling business and having two babies (plus a dog). They purchase a plot of land and have a house built.

Great details of rural life, problems fitting in to village life, problems building a house when you are an outsider. It isn't all about problems but there were enough that it made worried for them! Good details on truffles too.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina