• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

France Memoir - The Time and the Place by Donna K. Drago

Pauline

Forums Admin
The Time and the Place: Turning Dreams to Duras in Southwest France by Donna K. Drago

@Roz recommended this book in another thread and since it was only $2.99 I bought it. It was a very quick read and was well written, but not everyone will be interested in this. I was losing interest by the end.

An American woman with a second home in Tuscany fall in love with France and buys a second home there. The book is about her search for a house, viewing houses, purchasing the house. The last half of the book is about her one week mad rush of shopping and decorating to get the house ready to be a vacation rental. A lot of paint is involved.

If you don't want to buy the book, a lot of her writing is on her blog - Someday I'll live in ...

The website for the Duras houses is - The Clocktower Cottage. 1 bed/1.5 bath in historic center of Duras, a village in the Lot-et-Garonne east of Bordeaux. Her Italy rental is Casa Castigliana in Castiglione d'Orcia in Tuscany, south of Siena.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina