• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

France Now..strikes, etc

So Parigi, I know this is a travel site and not a political one, and I'm not wanting to put you on the spot, so feel free to ignore me. I'm just curious what does the impartial/thinking "woman/man on the street" (an American expression) think about Macron's move to raise the age to 64?
I don't know any "woman/man on the street", so it is hard to answer your question. I only know my pathetically small circle. My friends and acquaintances tend to think that retirement reform is necessary, but among those who think so, many think that Macron's approach is "maladroit" and not helping himself.

It is my thought that retirement reform is necessary. Of course that's easy for me to say from 3500 miles away.

I guess Macron could have handled it better, but I give him credit for making an extremely tough decision. Not a lot of politicians have that kind of courage.

Unfortunately I think the scenes we see of Paris in the US news will deter some tourists from going this summer.

Alas history is about what happens, not what should happen.
And life is a darnedest thing.
In personal life as in politics, sometimes being right is not enough. Weird huh?

It is my thought that retirement reform is necessary. Of course that's easy for me to say from 3500 miles away.

I guess Macron could have handled it better, but I give him credit for making an extremely tough decision. Not a lot of politicians have that kind of courage.

Unfortunately I think the scenes we see of Paris in the US news will deter some tourists from going this summer.
I think European politicians on the whole are better at making the hard decisiins. Covid lockdown has cost Conti his career and green pass has done the same for Draghi.

We arrived in Paris on the 13 th. Zero problems…some extra traffic en route to the 2 nd from CDG. That’s it. Still here..only two problems: cold and crowds

Wow, that is good to hear. It sounds so much worse on our news. Maybe it will warm up, but the crowds are to be expected.

What!? You say there is traffic?! A couple years ago we were driving from our hotel to the CDG. I entered the rotary/roundabout from hell. It was morning rush hour and there were about six lanes all trying to go to different exits. How I ever got through it I'll never know, and I'm a Boston driver! :D

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina