• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

French Kitchen Linens

Pauline

Forums Admin
What you've all been waiting for, and what I have been doing instead of getting organized for our trip - my essay on French Kitchen Linens (on my Slow Travels blog).

I like to buy lovely "made in France" tea towels when I travel in France. I have accumulated a nice pile of them with our France travels over the last few years.

french-kitchen-linens-0094.jpg

Thank you Pauline. We leave for the Dordogne area next Thursday, and I also love collecting tea towels when in France. After a week in Beynac, we'll be in Paris, so I'll be on the look out in both areas.

I found a good linens shop in Sarlat, in the pedestrian area. She had racks of tea towels outside the shop. Have a good trip! We were in the Dordogne last May for the first time. It is a beautiful area.

Thanks Pauline. We are staying in this stunning house in Beynac. http://beynacvacation.com/MontJoie/MontJoie/Welcome.html Our 40th Anniversary was in February, but way too cold to go most places, so this is our special celebration. After a week here, we will take the fast train to Paris for four days. We know Paris very well, but the rest of France is pretty unknown to us, so we are pretty nervous. I'll let everyone know all about the house upon our return.

That place looks lovely! You may have a narrow steep lane to drive up. We walked through Beynac a couple of times. It is very beautiful. We stayed in St Cyprien, off the river.

If you are going to see cave art - we loved Font de Gaume. You have to get there around 8:30am to get tickets for that day and usually you get them for a morning tour. Friends of ours were there a couple of weeks ago and did this. We did that last May. We were there over a long weekend and I think if we had tried during the week, we might have been able to get there later and still get tickets before they were sold out. Small groups go in and the cave art was amazing. We also went to Lascaux II, but it is a replica and you go in with a big crowd.

It is a great area.

Yes, I am a bit worried about the steepness of the village, especially with my bad knees. The owner sent detailed instructions where to park and unload our luggage upon arrival. I don't think we're going to try and park in that little grotto area for the house. I'm going to review the house when we return and I think the house will be a hit, but the logistics of getting in and out may be a deal breaker for many people. We'll see!

My working theory on vacation rentals - there is always something that is a bit odd. And frequently it is the parking! :) But staying in historic buildings, in historic villages - things can't always be completely logical. I remember a large car park on the main road in the center of the village.

My working theory on vacation rentals - there is always something that is a bit odd. And frequently it is the parking! :) But staying in historic buildings, in historic villages - things can't always be completely logical. I remember a large car park on the main road in the center of the village.
Thanks again Pauline. Yes, the instructions include a parking pass for the parking lot, in case we choose not to park in their little grotto. I don't think we want to try the backing out experience, as it sounds very tricky.

We just got back from France and I bought no table linens, but I bought two things made by Linum (I have an apron and two tea towels from them) - a bag and a scarf.

I posted this photo on the Trip Reports forum but will post again here.

linum-1309.jpg

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina