• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Transportation Getting from FRA to Amsterdam

Gerry&Joy

10+ Posts
My wife and I plan to fly from Victoria to Seattle to Frankfurt on Condor Airlines. After this long trip, we will likely stay overnight in Frankfurt (at the airport or in the city) and then go on to Amsterdam by train as Condor, in conjuction with Deutsche Bahn, has a inexpensive Fly/Rail program which I think we can take advantage of. We have booked a river cruise from Amsterdam to Strasbourg, departing on a Wednesday. We've never been to Amsterdam so we'd like to spend 3 or 4 days there with perhaps a day trip to Bruges.

Since we arrive at FRA at 1:35PM, staying in the city makes more sense than at the airport as there is much more to see and do and eat before retiring in the evening to better adjust to the new time zone. I assume train or bus service from the airport is good. We plan to stay in a private apartment in Amsterdam so arrival there in the afternoon makes most sense. Fortunately, there seems to be many trains between Frankfurt and Amsterdam although we would prefer to minimize the number of transfers.

I'd like to hear from others, especially anyone familiar with the Fly/Rail program between Condor and DB, does this sound like a good plan? The alternative is to fly from FRA to AMS the afternoon we arrive - there is a flight at 4:30PM. After a long flight, I'm not sure this is a good idea. You should also know that we are a retired 76 year old couple who have been to Europe before, mostly Italy, and we are reasonably fit and healthy. We have some tourist French, Spanish and Italian but not German. Thanks for your comments and suggestions.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina