• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Giffords Circus tickets

crayzathomemama

10+ Posts
Hi all! I'm trying to reserve tickets for Giffords when it's at Daylesford Organic. They have to be booked through Everyman's Theater apparently. I was doing OK until I got to the payment page and it insists that they will post them to me for 1.50GBP. Not giving me any other option. Does anyone have experience with buying through this site? Should I just call them or what? I'm staying in a self catering so don't see that I can really have them posted there?
Thanks for any help.
Jane

I’ve bought my tickets that way and had them mailed, but I live in the UK. If you book less than a week before you can pick them up at the show. I suggest phoning them or emailing if possible.

OK thanks Pauline. I am going to email them to see if I have any options. I was a bit worried about waiting until the week before in case it sold out. Seems there are only two days I can attend, either Thursday or Saturday. Thought I might go for Saturday as it's our last full day and would be a fun evening. I tried to get tickets for the Circus Sauce but totally sold out. Have you ever done that?

@Shannon did Circus Sauce and enjoyed it but the circus performers do not join the diners.

They sell good food from booths before the show and during intermission. I’ve had their pizza a few times. You can even order your pizza at the booth before the show and get it at intermission. I did that once.

I've been to the circus for several years, and it's fabulous. You used to be able to pick up tickets at a "will call," but I can't remember... maybe that changed last year. Can you email or call them to ask? We might have had our tickets mailed to where we were staying in the UK. We will miss this year because the circus isn't nearby during the time we're in the Cotswolds. Sad about that!

Just thought I'd let you know what happened. I emailed and they said if I gave them a call they could arrange for me to pick up tickets the day of the show. I spoke to Everyman Theatre's box office person and she said I could pick them up anytime the week I'm there. Which is good because I really didn't want to have to run over there that day. I paid over the phone.
Pauline thanks for the info on the food. We are going Saturday night and I was wondering if we went around 5:30 or so if we could get something to eat. Do they have games also?
I'm trying to figure out what to do about getting there. I was thinking of renting a car for the week but if I do I will have to return it before our circus day since there are no Sunday car returns. Getting to Daylesford Organic without a car looks a bit sticky. Think I will have to use a taxi I guess.
Thank you Pauline and Kathy for your help!

Oh and I mean to say that I was happy to see that if I don't get a car I will still be able to take the bus from Stow to Cheltenham to get the tickets. :)

Do you have to pick the tickets up at the Everyman Theater? Why can't you pick them up at the Circus when you go? That is what I have done before.

But, Cheltenham is a gorgeous town and this will give you an excuse to visit.

Daylesford is out of the way. You really need a car or taxi to get there. I don't know your trip plan but you could think about keeping the car and returning it at the airport?

We usually get to the circus an hour before it starts. That gives us 30 minutes to hang around, and then get in line and get seated. Have a look at the shows on the day you are going. There is probaby a show before yours. If so, the food stalls will be open well ahead of your show time. People also have picnics in the fields surrounding the circus before the show. The circus is always in a big field, and you park in a designated area in the field and then people picnic around there.

The pizza is very good - they have special pizza ovens. They also have other food. No games - but there is lots to watch with everyone out and about. Before the show starts, about 30 minutes before when people start getting into line, Tweedy the Clown usually is about. Last time he was in a tiny car.

You used to have to bring seat cushions to be comfortable on their wooden benches, but now they have padded seats!

Hi Pauline!
Yes they said to pick them up there at the Theater. It is a bit inconvenient but I wanted to go to Winchcombe and Painswick so not too bad really. Thanks for painting that picture. Sounds fun. I think there's a show at 2 or 2:30 which would be over then I guess around 3 to 3:30? Since it will be dinner time I'm hoping all will be open when we get there.
I'm really debating on the whole car thing. I didn't even think about how they might not do returns on Sunday. We are flying in from Amsterdam to Birmingham on the 27th and we go back to Birmingham on the June 1 (Sunday) to do a couple things in Birmingham and be ready for flight to Ireland the next day.
I can get to most places I want to go by bus but getting to Chedworth Roman Villa and Kelmscott Manor are proving more challenging. I'm sure you must have some threads about driving in the Cotswolds here. I have driven in the UK before---to get to Tintern Abbey and St Briavel's hostel. It just seems less stressful to not have to drive--maybe that sounds odd. I have to go get the car, worry about damaging the car, driving on narrow roads, and spend time returning the car. Or I could just relax and take the bus---I'm not in a hurry since most places are just to visit, not trying to make a certain time. It does limit me a bit but sometimes that's good--makes me stop running.
I'm doing some research on how to get to the two tricky places without a car. Now that I am heading over to Cheltenham I'm still considering renting a car from there. Still doesn't help me with the Circus but I should be able to find someone to take me.
Do they do Uber in the UK? I always call a taxi service but sometimes it gets difficult to find someone.

Just to let you know I decided not to rent the car. My daughter was traveling from Birmingham to Stow but I'm going to have her just get off the train in Oxford. We will take the train and meet her (we can stow her bag at the TI in Oxford) and get a taxi from Oxford to Kelmscott Manor. I checked on the Royal Taxis site for a quote. They had a chat option or email. Seems it will be 110 GBP round trip. Since I only really need the car for this one day I just feel happier paying for the taxi. Considering pretty much every short hop seems to cost 25 GBP I guess 55 isn't too bad for a 40 minute trip. Might seem odd to some but I already feel better not having to deal with the car.

Hi Kathy! Well we are sort of long stayers so I was allowing up to 4 hours. I understand that you get a timed ticket also so we might have to wait to get in. We will have lunch and maybe hang out in the garden a bit also. They will have to come back to get us.

Hi Kathy! Well we are sort of long stayers so I was allowing up to 4 hours. I understand that you get a timed ticket also so we might have to wait to get in. We will have lunch and maybe hang out in the garden a bit also. They will have to come back to get us.
Wow that sounds lovely Kathy. Thanks for letting me know about the pub and the river walk. I figure part of the visit is just soaking up the atmosphere. Fingers crossed we have a nice day!

I've been to the circus for several years, and it's fabulous. You used to be able to pick up tickets at a "will call," but I can't remember... maybe that changed last year. Can you email or call them to ask? We might have had our tickets mailed to where we were staying in the UK. We will miss this year because the circus isn't nearby during the time we're in the Cotswolds. Sad about that!
bummer.....:(

I was looking at the Giffords schedule and they are doing too many "out of the Cotswolds" dates! They are in London in early July.

• 3rd – 13th May: Fennells Farm, Stroud
  • 16th – 28th May: Sudeley Castle, Winchcombe
  • 30th May – 3rd June: Daylesford Organic Farm, Kingham
  • 6th – 10th June: Blenheim Palace, Oxfordshire
  • 14th – 24th June: Oxford University Parks
  • 27th June – 8th July: Chiswick House & Gardens, London
  • 11th – 22nd July: Windsor Great Park, Berkshire
  • 25th – 29th July: Stonor Park, Henley on Thames
  • 1st – 12th August: Barrington, Oxfordshire
  • 15th – 27th August: Minchinhampton Common
  • 30th August – 9th September: Marlborough Common
  • 12th – 16th September: Stratton Meadows, Cirencester
  • 19th – 29th September: Fennells Farm, Stroud

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina