• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Giffords Circus tickets

I think the original poster sorted this out, but just as a reference for anyone else who wants to buy Gifford's Circus tix and lives in the US: we just went ahead and had them mailed to us because it was worth paying the postage to have them in hand ahead of time. We got them int he mail a week or two after ordering, I think.

We loved the entire experience (we went last year to one of the Cotswolds shows), including just standing in line people-watching and listening to the calliope ahead of time. The whole atmosphere is just lovely and charming and old-fashioned. I hope you have a great time!

I think the original poster sorted this out, but just as a reference for anyone else who wants to buy Gifford's Circus tix and lives in the US: we just went ahead and had them mailed to us because it was worth paying the postage to have them in hand ahead of time. We got them int he mail a week or two after ordering, I think.

We loved the entire experience (we went last year to one of the Cotswolds shows), including just standing in line people-watching and listening to the calliope ahead of time. The whole atmosphere is just lovely and charming and old-fashioned. I hope you have a great time!
I wondered about having them mailed to me in US. Well I'll be better prepared next time. Thanks for your comments!

Do you have to pick the tickets up at the Everyman Theater? Why can't you pick them up at the Circus when you go? That is what I have done before.

But, Cheltenham is a gorgeous town and this will give you an excuse to visit.

Daylesford is out of the way. You really need a car or taxi to get there. I don't know your trip plan but you could think about keeping the car and returning it at the airport?

We usually get to the circus an hour before it starts. That gives us 30 minutes to hang around, and then get in line and get seated. Have a look at the shows on the day you are going. There is probaby a show before yours. If so, the food stalls will be open well ahead of your show time. People also have picnics in the fields surrounding the circus before the show. The circus is always in a big field, and you park in a designated area in the field and then people picnic around there.

The pizza is very good - they have special pizza ovens. They also have other food. No games - but there is lots to watch with everyone out and about. Before the show starts, about 30 minutes before when people start getting into line, Tweedy the Clown usually is about. Last time he was in a tiny car.

You used to have to bring seat cushions to be comfortable on their wooden benches, but now they have padded seats!
Well Pauline you were right. I looked at my email again and it said pickup at the Giffords onsite box office. Sometimes I wonder what I'm looking at! I think when I called they may have thought that I wanted to come to Cheltenham and just didn't mention anything about on site pickup. I'm here in Stow on the Wold now and just called to check and they (box office at Everyman) were like "oh heavens no you don't have to come here. They will be waiting for you at the circus. We wouldn't expect you to come here." Glad I called again.
Just as an aside I have had the devil of a time getting taxis. So many seem to do a lot of Heathrow runs and aren't available or just don't answer. We always seem to find someone in the end but it wastes a lot of time and is irritating. I believe many are solo taxis so it is understandable that they get booked but the calling and calling is annoying. Sorry for the rant! Booking ahead would be great but sometimes things aren't totally planned.
Thanks for your advice!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina