• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Girona apartment in city; 2 beds

Shannon

100+ Posts
VRBO Listing #365113 - Unique Loft Apartment in Girona with Extraordinary Views/Lofts St. Daniel

Link - http://www.vrbo.com/365113

Date of stay - October 2014

This is one of the coolest vacation rentals I have ever stayed in. Owned by an American artist who lives upstairs, it has all kinds of interesting and quirky (in a good way) details.

There is a great kitchen with plenty of work space, a good range and an oven and a dishwasher. They kitchen is already stocked with spices, grains and other items you might need a teaspoon or handful of. Outside the kitchen there is a wonderful balcony with views looking over the cathedral and the wooded park across the street. There is also a BBQ and coals for guest use.

The sleeping configuration is not 2 bedroom - there is a separate bedroom and the other bed (a very comfortable queen) is in the living room. The living room is quite spacious and also has a relaxation area with couch, TV and DVD player. (Some of the DVDs did not work very well, however.)

The bathroom area is also interesting in that there is no real door to the sink area, just a screen. The toilet room has a door, and the shower is private but if someone were to come out and get dressed in the sink area, its not super private. I traveled with a friend and when one of us was getting ready, the other would just go in the kitchen for awhile.

There is a great washer and dryer set up in this apartment and the owner kindly left a bottle of washing liquid on our doorstep as the last tenant had used the last of what was there.

It is about a 10 minute walk down into the center; there is street parking at the apartment and once you get the hang of the layout of the city it is pretty easy to get in and out (we did make use of a google GPS on an IPhone.

At the top of the building there is a spacious roof terrace for guest use.

All in all a wonderful place to stay and I hope to get back there someday.

I was the friend staying at this apartment with Shannon, and I completely agree with her. The unusual layout might have been inconvenient if the apartment hadn't been SO large. The kitchen was large, the living room was enormous. It had an industrial loft vibe that I really liked.

It probably wouldn't be suitable for someone with mobility issues, because it's on the second floor (no elevator) and the first block or so from the door of the building down the street toward the center is fairly steep.

I'd be very happy to stay here again!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina