• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Good meeting spot for separate flights arriving at Charles de Gaulle airport

luccapaperone

Good morning everyone!

My friend and I will be arriving at the same time at CDG on different flights next month. She arrives on an American flight ( looks like she will arrive at 2A). I am on a Delta flight being operated by Air France and don’t yet know my arrival terminal. Where is a good spot to meet so that if one plane is late the person who has already arrived will have a comfortable place to wait? Neither of us will check luggage for the flights. Also, does CDG have complimentary wifi?

Thanks,

Luccapaperone

You can check the maps at the official Aeroports de Paris site to see terminal maps and how to connect between them. If the wait might be substantial, look for a café or hotel lobby to take refreshments and in effect rent a seat to wait.
The easiest plan, although not so friendly, is to meet at your hotel.

My first thought was that a good plan might be for both of you to make your way to the TGV sation that is located between 2A and 2E. There's a café there — not down at train station level, but on the main (departures) level, near the elevators. I think the café — which has "outside" seating where you are visible to passers-by — is run by Sheraton. I've enjoyed sitting there and having coffee and a croissant when I get in early in the morning from the U.S. and have a couple of hours to kill before catching my train back to the Loire Valley.

www.ckenb.blogspot.com

Maybe the best plan would be to meet in front of, or in the lobby of, the Sheraton itself. I've never been in there, but normally in a hotel lobby there are places to sit and wait for someone. The Sheraton is close to the TGV (SNCF) station, not far from Terminal 2E, and not very far from Terminal 2A. From 2A, you walk through 2C and then on to the train station.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina