• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Guess this photo - March 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

susan

100+ Posts
Hi everyone,

I'm reviving a game that was done on Slow Travel. A photo is posted and everyone guesses the photo. For each photo, you can state what the guess should be (e.g. place, landmark, etc.). That way, we can leave it wide open depending on the type of photo. If necessary, more clues are given. The person who guesses correctly gets to post the next photo in this same thread.

I am starting with a pretty easy photo. For this photo - guess where it was taken (the emphasis on where) with a bonus of the name of the building.

IMG_4979.jpg

Agree Pisa, guessing taken from the leaning tower, but don't know which building.

I'm also guessing you couldn't get me close enough to the edge to take such a photo :eek:

Yes! You are both correct. JustTravel, yes, it is a photo of the cathedral (or Il Duomo di Santa maria Assunta) located in Piazza dei Miracoli in Pisa. Ian, you guessed correctly that I took this photo from the top of the Leaning Tower of Pisa or Torre pendente di Pisa, which was has been one of my all time favorite tower climbs.

Since you both guessed correctly, either one of you can go next. :)

Always like to photo games

I am going to say Brugge, Belgium.

SEGes1.JPG

Why Thank You Just Travel! The flag in the picture helped a lot. :)

Well here is a place that is not on the usual tourist path, but not to far off.

Slovenia it is not...
Here is a hint...
Sitting on a boat you can see Switzerland and Germany

Very close - Since we are looking at Germany it would be the Bodensee (Lake Constance).
The town is not Konstanz, it is on the other side of the bank on the Mainland side and known for it's promenade that I think is the longest in Germany.

We Have A Winner!

Really nice town off the major tourist route.
Lots to see and do close by.

You are up Kathy

Hi Colo, thanks....that was a great choice.

There are two main subjects in this photo and if you can guess either one or both you're the winner.
IMG_0362.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina