• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Guess this photo - July 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will start the July "Guess this Photo".

guess-photo-1349.jpg

Oh, I've been there. It's the tomb of Eleanor of Aquitaine and Henry II at Fontevraud Abbey in France. I love the way Eleanor is depicted reading in bed for all eternity.

Sodoma! I love his frescoes. I've seen them in that little church between Pienza and Castelmuzio and, of course, in Monte Oliveto. We spent three weeks near Castelmuzio once and we only managed to go to Trequanda once for pizza with Gary and Zak. Next time!

I thought I had read your trip report, but I think I did not finish it. I'll read it now!

Sodoma! I love his frescoes. I've seen them in that little church between Pienza and Castelmuzio and, of course, in Monte Oliveto.
Did you mean Sant'Anna in Camprena (near Castelmuzio)? That is also in my trip report (right after Trequanda). The frescoes there are more stunning than the ones in Trequanda.

Ann, maybe you uploaded the photo and forget to press Post Reply. I've done that a couple of times myself.

Of course you're right, Chris. We've stayed in Sablet three times, last fall for over three weeks, and it's an amazing village -- a real working village, not a set piece for tourists like most of Les Plus Beaux.

Status
Not open for further replies.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina