• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Guess this photo - June 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pauline

Forums Admin
Anyone can start this month's "guess this photo". Post a photo from your travels and we guess where it is. Photos from Europe work best, but worldwide photos are okay.

This should be pretty easy :)

inside.jpg

Sure looks like Schiphol to me... ?

I spent way too many hours in that airport in my life.
Sitting in airport in St Louis so give me a bit to see what I have available to post

No it is not Rome.
Look very closely you may see a hint

I think this is a "fraud" - and that it's a painting of a dome rather than real - It doesn't help me because the only one I've seen is in Gozo, and this isn't it !

(unhelpful Tim!)

Very helpful Tim! You have identified the clue. In my very best French cut & paste, trompe l'œil is the technique that created this ceiling.

Hint time!

The solemn exterior of this church conceals an opulent interior and if you lived many years ago you may have sat here and listened to the premiere of Beethoven's 7th symphony

JustTravel is correct - Next?

Somewhere in the Netherlands, or possibly Belgium, but not somewhere I recall seeing...

Ah, I've found the not-so-secret quickfind option....

It feels like cheating, but the right-click option soon suggests it's the Nieuwe Kerk in Haarlem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina