• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Guess this photo - October 2018

TB1.jpg

Where is this?

I don't know, but I'm sure I recognise it from Italy Unpacked TV programme

Ian, you do - it was featured in the first episode of the series.
I'll leave this until this evening, then I'll post a couple more photos from the same place.

Yes Eleanor. I was in Parma about two weeks ago, and the interior of the cathedral is just stunning - easily puts Parma into my "top three".

The first photo, is part of The Assumption of the Virgin by Antonio da Correggio

I'm getting to the stage I can't remember what pictures I've already posted... I don't think I've used this one yet.
Screen shot 2018-10-29 at 18.42.47.png

Another one of my "Top Three cathedrals" - Monreale cathedral, Sicily. (For those interested, the 3rd is Siena)

That didn't take you long Tim. Mind you with those golden mosaics, it couldn't be anywhere else. It is an amazing building but photogrpahs just didn't do it justice.

Over to you.

JustTravel, you are correct - but Penn251 has the exact location. The second picture is from the Basilica of San Vitale.

I was pleasantly surprised by Ravenna - some trip reports had referred to it as "a dump", but I thought it quite pleasant.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina