• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Help with Metro from CDG

Sharon J

100+ Posts
Upon our return to CDG airport for our return flight home from the countryside, we have booked one night at the Hilton CDG, which I have been told is actually inside the airport. We want to run into Paris for a quick purchase at one of my favorite stores and then a quick dinner. We know the exact Metro stop we need, once in Paris, but I have no idea if there is an actual Metro or train into Paris from the airport. I assume so, but never like to assume anything. Hope someone here can give us some good advice. The store we're visiting is on Honore.

Thank you Andrew. The Chatelet station will be perfect for reaching my store. We have visited Paris quite a bit, but have always taken a car service to and from the airport. I have also printed out the bus information. Thanks to you, I have one less thing to worry about.

Yes, the RER is the train, but please watch your valuables! We watched the pairs of pickpockets get on and off along the route, and they, and their targets, were obvious. We watched the different pairs of young men get off the train with their targets. They didn't seem to be stealing while on the train, but our car was rather empty. We stood up one stop before ours like we were disembarking, and since we sat at the back, the young men got off first. We sat back down and got off at our stop.

Yes, the RER is the train, but please watch your valuables! We watched the pairs of pickpockets get on and off along the route, and they, and their targets, were obvious. We watched the different pairs of young men get off the train with their targets. They didn't seem to be stealing while on the train, but our car was rather empty. We stood up one stop before ours like we were disembarking, and since we sat at the back, the young men got off first. We sat back down and got off at our stop.
Oh my gosh Cameron. Pretty brazen, and how clever of you. We had something similar happen to us on the Rome Metro one time. That car was also almost empty with a Gyosy woman and baby to draw our attention away. One of the men gave her a helpful donation (Ha), and she got off. He then made his move when the train started again. We scared him away. Thank you for this warning, especially since we will be returning to the hotel later that evening.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina