• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Hoopla - Great digital service from your library

Roz

500+ Posts
Our public library just signed on to the Hoopla service, which is terrific. It has quite a large collection of streaming TV and movies, as well as audiobooks and ebooks. I'm not sure if the available collection varies according to the individual library, but among the ones we can get via the Napa Library are the Montalbano and Brunetti TV series, as well as the fabulous A French Village -- one of the best TV series I've ever seen.

Here is a link to a map where you could see if your local library is among those with this service. Even if your town library doesn't subscribe, you may be able to get a card from a nearby library that would give you access. Often a state resident is able to get a card from any library in the state.

All you have to do is sign up with your library card number, and get the Hoopla app to view, read or listen to any of the digital collection.

I just found out there is also a Hoopla app for Apple TV and for Amazon Fire TV.

The main limitation of Hoopla is that you can only borrow a total of 15 items each month -- it rolls over the first day of the month. However, we figure that since Mike and I each have a library card, we could actually get a total of 30 in a month if we wanted.

You can keep a TV show or movie for 72 hours. I suppose if you didn't finish it, you could just borrow it again, but the second time would count against your 15-item total. Each episode in a series counts as one item. Books I think you can keep for 3 weeks.

P.S. I think Hoopla might also be available in Canada -- at least I notice from their website that they have a Canadian office.

Last edited:

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina