• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Hotel near Asti for one night

Kathy

100+ Posts
Contest 2019 Winner!
I'll be driving my minivan from Chianti to southwest France in mid June. I"m looking for a place to stay overnight on the drive, I think between Asti and Turin. I would need parking and easy access from the autostrada A4 (E70). I would prefer not to drive into the center of Asti or too far off the autostrada.

I don't know this area of Italy at all. It's just an overnight stay on a long drive, but I always like to find an interesting place, ideally with a good onsite restaurant for dinner that evening and a breakfast the next day.

Any suggestions?

Whilst this place fits the location well (a very short drive south of Asti, but in the countryside with ample parking) and the rooms were good enough, the meal wasn't especially brilliant (ample food, convivial atmosphere, but not up to the high standards we've experienced at Agriturismi)

Hopefully others will chime in with other options.

I'll throw this is, as we very much enjoyed it, though depending on the route you are planning, may be too much of a detour https://agriturismo-tre-colline-in-langa.business.site/
It's an agriturismo based in a village called Bubbio, with maybe a dozen shops and pleasingly unremarkable (but a pleasant walk around it). The owners are lovely and the meals are substantial, with a lovely atmosphere and at a giveaway price. Most is just good solid country food, but the chef can show a surprisingly deft touch with flavours. Their own wines are perfectly decent so we never looked at the wine list. Grappa is passed around at the end of the meal in a 'help yourself' manner. We had the apartment, but they also have rooms, which is probably the best option for an overnighter.

Hi Kathy - like Ian, I'll throw you a suggestion which is not perfect location-wise, but might benefit you.
We've stayed twice at La Quercia Rossa, a very lovely agriturismo just outside of Moncalvo, about 30 minutes to the north of Asti. We'd happily return were we to travel in this area again. This is a family operation, the hosts are so very nice and gracious, and the premises are lovely, including a beautiful view. They have a restaurant and serve breakfasts, and also sell their products. Good luck with your search.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina